xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Kryssie Fortune: Five Facts Thursday -please welcome Jane Leopold Quinn

Thursday 4 June 2015

Five Facts Thursday -please welcome Jane Leopold Quinn

Five facts about Jane's latest book


My research for Ancient Ties was the most I ever did for a book. Most of my books are contemporaries and three westerns. This is the only time travel, and it takes place in one of my favorite, most fascinating eras of history. Ancient Roman Britain, 161 A.D. to be exact.

I read many books from school texts to children's' books that describe ancient life from clothing to food to school life. I lost myself in books about the gods and goddesses. I'm not an expert by any means, but their history and evolution from the Greek and even older civilizations fascinated me.

I decided to give Mars, the god of war, and Venus, the goddess of love, strong parts in Ancient Ties. My hero Marek is a career Roman soldier who has a breakdown in battle. When Janney appears in his life, he believes she's his gift from the gods. Venus has a big hand in helping Janney and Marek find the love of each other even as Mars does his worst to keep them apart.

Meanwhile Mars and Venus bicker with each other while lusting after each other at the same time. They live in the clouds above ancient Britain watching everything going on below and trying to manipulate human lives to godly ends.

I hope they bring some celestial humor to the story.

AUTHOR BIO

Sensual fantasies were locked in my mind for years until a friend said, "Why don't you write them down?" Why not, indeed? One spiral notebook, a pen and the unleashing of my imagination later, and here I am with more than a dozen books published. The craft of writing erotic romance has become my passion and my niche in life. I love every part of the creative process—developing characters, designing the plot, even drawing the layout of physical spaces from my stories. My careers have been varied—third grade school teacher, bookkeeper, secretary—none of which gave me a bit of inspiration. But now I'm lucky enough to write romance full time—the best job in the universe! And I'm fortunate enough to have found my own happily ever after husband.






BLURB


Nursing a broken heart, Janney Forrester flies to England for a much needed vacation. She gets one—and much more. A drive through the countryside and the sight of a mysterious heavy gold bracelet found nestled against ruined walls draw her across the crumbling stone threshold of an ancient villa where she beholds a Roman room in perfect historical detail. To add to the unreality, there's the most gorgeous, masculine man she's ever seen, her every sensual fantasy personified. Confusion by what's happening to her vies with attraction when Janney is thrust two thousand years into the past.
Roman soldier Marek Benin Verus considers the woman suddenly appearing before him as a gift from the gods. Zeus knows he needs one! Battle fatigued and emotionally scarred after fifteen years in the army, he's on a leave of absence and has all the time in the world to devote to seducing this beautiful woman into his bed. He doesn't plan on the powerful and dangerous emotions she inspires in him.


Marek's hard, muscular body is too luscious to resist. Janney decides to risk the comfort of her safe life and carpe diem—seize the day. Marek seizes her body and takes her to the edge—and over—to an ecstasy she never knew existed. Can a new world for her, timeless desire, and a loving exploration of each other's bodies forge a passion that survives centuries of separation?

Excerpt


Aquae Sulis, Mensis Iunius, AD 161

"Welcome, my dear girl."

How odd. The sensuously potent female voice danced through Janney Forrester's mind.

"Your destiny awaits."
~~~
Mt. Olympus

"Well, that takes care of that," the goddess of love chirped, gleefully dusting off her palms. Venus reclined on her chaise with a self-satisfied expression on her dazzling face.

       "What takes care of what?" The god of war reluctantly turned his concentration from the current battle being waged against Parthia.
"I brought the woman back from her time to his."
"Whose?" Mars asked.
"Marek Benin's."
"Why in all the heavens would you do that?"
"Because I have the power." Venus always enjoyed having the last word over Mars.
~~~
Mt. Olympus
"I know what you are trying to do, Venus mine," Mars sneered. "You had him years ago, and you have always wanted him back."
"Dearest Mars," Venus murmured in a deceptively innocently sweet voice. "You reveled in his exploits all these long and bloodthirsty years. Now, it is my turn to see him soppy and starry-eyed again." She reclined, stretching sinuously on her chaise lounge cloud. "Go find yourself another young warrior to play with, and leave my Marek alone."
The god of war relished the sight of the opulently voluptuous love of his life, but this was business. War business. "He is not your Marek, my dear love." As besotted as Mars was by the beautiful and lush Venus, he did not like her to realize the extent of her power over him. "Anyway," he continued gruffly, "why do you find him so fascinating? He is not anything special, not special enough for a goddess. He is just a mortal. I, on the other hand, am your love, your promised one." His voice rose to a thunderous boom. "I am your master!"
Mars watched as Venus, feigning disinterest, held her hand up against the sun and perused her long sharp fingernails. "My Marek," she purred apparently ignoring Mars's attempt to control her. "He was mine before he was yours. He is no longer happy as a soldier." Venus sat up, then dropped to her hands and knees and crawled like a salacious cat toward a hapless Mars. "I like this young woman, this Janney Forrester. She will be good for my Marek."
"They do not even speak the same language," Mars complained.
"Poof! Nothing to it," Venus crowed triumphantly. "If I can circumvent the time barrier, then a difference in language is not a problem."
"Did you plan this, my love?" Even though he knew her tricks and suspected one here, he watched eagerly as her lovely luscious body slithered toward him.
"No, of course not." Venus did not sound convincing. "As a young man he fell in love with the lovely Mellona. When he lost her, Marek went willingly with you back to war. But it is time now. He wants to love again. He needs to love again. Do not interfere, my lord. You have many more soldiers to guide." The hand of Venus crawled over the hard-muscled thigh of the god of war.
"Well," Mars rasped, reaching for the round soft breasts displayed so temptingly by his goddess. "I suppose I could let you have Marek Benin," his words died away, his senses addled. "For a short time anyway," he added softly, temporizing as he moved over her and blew his god's breath on a stray tendril of soft hair lying across her breast. Even Mars could not resist the allure of Venus as his lips covered hers, and he pushed her back on the couch.
Triumphantly Venus relished the weight of her consort as he settled urgently, heavily over her body. But she would not allow her overbearing mate to deter her. She was a goddess, daughter of Jupiter, king of the gods. Yes Mars was also a child of Jupiter, but that just meant they were equals in the heavens. No member of the pantheon of the heavens was more important than Venus, the goddess of love. Men might fight battles, might tear each other asunder, but even the strongest of mortal men became weak as kittens when faced with a woman. A woman with her soft features. A woman with her body molded into curves and valleys made just for a man's hands and lips. A woman with eyes to melt his fierce heart, lips to soothe or arouse him. A woman with sweet-smelling silky hair to twine in his fingers. No doubt about it, a man is at the mercy of a woman when she chooses to take control.
Venus set her sights upon the godly chest of Mars, upon his full lips. He could lead men into battle with an order from those lips and turn her limbs weak with his kiss. Great Jupiter in the heavens, but I wish he would stop arguing and make love with me.

Before Venus willingly succumbed to the wonderfully strong talented fingers of her lord Mars she whispered into Marek's ear, "This beautiful Janney Forrester, she is what you have been craving all these years. Love her…"



3 comments:

  1. HI Jane. Thanks for telling us about your book. I love the cover - Stonehenge and Bath.Two of my fave. places to visit.
    Can't wait to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jane, the book sounds wonderful. Who doesn't love reading about the naughty Gods of ancient times. All the best with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having me, Kryssie, with my gods and goddesses of Rome.

    ReplyDelete