Five fun facts about my latest – A Guy and A Girl
1. How did Hunter Connolly get his name? When he was born, his mother saw a gleam in his eyes - a look that said I'm here. I'm ready. I know what I want. Plus, he was born in December and the astrological sign for a Sagittarian is the Hunter.
2. As a little girl, Chelsea Henderson, dreamed of being a archaeologist and digging through the sands of Egypt to find ancient Pharaohs.
3. When Hunter takes Chelsea home to meet his parents in Wallace Lake Conservation Park – the park is really Algonquin Provincial Park in Ontario, Canada. A really fabulous place to visit if you want to enjoy nature. Hunter takes Chelsea on a hike to search for moose in the park.
4. Chelsea's dislike of swimming in the lakes of Wallace Lake Park stems from my dislike of it. I grew up in a city. Swimming in pools with clear water and chlorine. The thought of a turtle swimming by freaks me out. Chelsea displays the same fear when a minnow swims past, she's convinced it is some large monster planning an attack. (which is pretty much how I feel.)
5. A Guy and A Girl was written last century. It was written in the middle 1990's and languished on my hard drive until I updated it. (Apologies to Chelsea and Hunter that they had to wait so long.)
Lies, deceits and secrets - not a good way to begin a relationship.
After an ugly past forced Hunter Connolly to escape to Europe, the talented hockey player is back in North America and determined to land a position with a professional team. But he can’t hide from his past forever, especially when his beautiful classmate, Chelsea, forces him to reexamine his life. Soon, hockey is not his first priority anymore.
Chelsea Henderson is a bright co-ed working towards her dream of being a professional dancer. She forms a unique friendship with one of her father’s newest recruits and would love nothing more than to take it to the next level. However, there’s just one small problem. He doesn’t know she’s his coach’s daughter.
Amid the deceptions, danger lurks closer than they could ever imagine. Will fate contrive to rip the young lovers apart? Or will Hunter and Chelsea have their shot at love?
"Come on in." Hunter called from his spot sprawled on the floor in front of his sofa.
Chelsea walked into the living room. "Hey."
He nodded, grabbed the remote and muted the television.
Chelsea spun a kitchen chair around and sat on it. "Okay, the silence's killing me. I'll start with some lame conversation and you just leap in. How was the bio midterm?"
"Passed it. Should write all my exams with a hangover."
She tapped her fingernail on her thigh. "Guess that was the end of the conversation starters."
Hunter levelled a glare at her. "What do you want, Chelsea?"
"I want you to sound less angry. I want to talk. I'd like to try and explain. First off, I'm so sorry the cops hauled you in."
"No?" Her voice squeaked.
"Todd was stalking you. The cops had no idea if it was him or me. And from the questions asked, I'd say some pretty weird things'd been happening."
She shuddered. "I kept thinking I was being paranoid or something. But that's not why I'm here."
Hunter slammed a fist on the carpet. "I damn near slept with the coach's daughter! Why the hell didn't you tell me?"
Chelsea watched the tiredness in his eyes shift to rage. "Because... because...."
"I wouldn't date you if I knew who you were."
"Yea and that's not fair." She sat up taller and matched her gaze with his. "It's not my fault your coach is my dad."
Hunter closed his eyes and sighed. "I don't know what to do, Chelsea. My head hurts too damn much to think."
"Damn it, Hunter, I really like you. I don't want to lose you as a friend. I don't want to lose us."
"I don't know if there's going to be an us anymore." He rubbed his temples.
Chelsea sat behind him on the sofa, slipped her hands under his and began massaging his head.
Hunter pushed her hands away. Although it hurt him to say it, he said, "Go home, Chels. I need time to think."
He refused to look at her. He couldn't. He knew he'd give in, wrap his arms around her and beg her to stay.
Exclusively at - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L2GRD1U